Lets focus on ME

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lookalikes

Has onyone ever wondered why a CD and DVD look exactly alike?

How can you not confuse one with the other at some point in your life?

This lesson was taught to me just today when I was returning my latest BECK music CD that has 2 discs in it. I purchased this CD early December and remember quickly tearing off the packaging as I was very excited to hear his latest music.

I'm presently listening to my music on a very cheap $35.00 portable CD Stereo radio casette recorder that I purchased at Walmart several months ago when my stand alone stereo system starting going out on me.

Yes, I have stooped this low, and as embarassing as it is to play music on such a cheap system, I have at this time, chosen to blow my money on travelling and not on the big decision of buying a new stereo system or upgrading to the "home" stereo system everyone else seems to have in their homes these days.

Now........back to the Beck music CD purchase. Great music, but I notice the second CD does not work. Uggh.........I try all my other CD's and no problemo. Just this one Beck CD does not work.

This afternoon while I was going to the Globe for another one of my foreign film fixes, I stop at HMV to exchange the CD for another one.

I bring both CD's in the case, with the receipt, and let the cashier know that one of the CD's just doesn't play. I also let her know that she can test it out if she wants to.

She doesn't, and quickly replaces my Beck with a new Beck. Easy.

Once I get home and before I rip off the packaging, I read the little sticker on the left hand corner:

New Album/The Information
15 songs & VIDEOS on CD & DVD Package
Sticker booklet inside to create your own cover

Crap! Why do these things happen to me!

Good thing I didn't have to fill out a return form with the CD I brought back..........I'm sure they would be laughing at how STUPID I am.

I'm still laughing. I think it's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home