Lets focus on ME

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy American Thanksgiving Day

The fourth Thursday of November, observed as a legal holiday in the United States to commemorate the feast held at Plymouth in 1621 by the Pilgrim colonists and members of the Wampanoag people and marked by the giving of thanks to God for harvest and health.

The second Monday of October, celebrated in Canada by the giving of thanks to God for harvest and health.

What I am thankful for:
  • Living in Canada...a country that is very clean and provides you with many opportunities when you take the initiative
  • Family and friends........none of them being super crazy or in jail
  • Financial stability.........and boy are we lucky that we do have assistance if one needs it
  • Food & drink in my tummy when my body needs it
  • My house.......keeps me warm and safe
  • Being healthy enough to enjoy my life

And # 1................Living a life of want and not just need!

I was reminded of something last night while watching the Madonna "Confessions" tour on TV.......

'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

'Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:31-46

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy American Thanksgiving to you too!!....Glad to see that you are home safe and sound....went to your blog as usual not sure if anything would be there but there is....I guess you are done with this blog but if you are going to travel the world you will probably continue....Welcome Home!!!!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home