Lets focus on ME

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Landscaping is HARD WORK!

Lifting concrete, rocks, dirt and using shovels, wheelbarrels is a whole new world to me! Even going to the Landfill was a new experience (dump in my world).

I've never been to a dump in my whole life (a real dump) so I found it very interesting. It's a very organized "business". You drive in and they weigh your vehicle and ask you what you have (taking a quick look to make sure you aren't lying). Then they tell you what section to go to and they give you a number. Basically, you follow all the other vehicles (mostly trucks) and the flying Seagulls. Yuck......... tons of those ugly birds. Garbage pickers. How do they stay white is my question. Anyways..... you get to the spot and dump away. You then go back to the booth and they weigh you again and you pay. Cheap. It cost us $5.00 (but we didn't have alot of stuff). Very interesting. I don't think I ever need to go back there. Mind you, there was a really cute City boy worker making sure everyone was dumping their stuff in an orderly fashion....could this be a new "dating spot"??????

The landscaping started on Sunday with Val & Dennis and then carried over with Harry and Ben on Monday night. Harry's back is out now. I'm sure Gorete is wondering why I've never asked for help before, and now this. Throw Harry's back out! Gee's those sidewalk blocks weigh over 80 lbs each............. I certainly can't lift them.

I have enough of a problem just lifting a shovel full of limestone rocks!

THANK GOD for GREAT FRIENDS that know I'm useless when it comes to this sort of thing and don't laugh at me when they look in my garage and see nothing they can use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home