Lets focus on ME

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ikea and Space

I love Ikea! It's the kind of furniture and everything else for my style.

When you walk into an Ikea store, the show rooms are always put together in such a nice clean way....always optimizing the small space that many Europeans have to live in. The space used never looks crowded and it always looks balanced for great energy flow.

Well........... I keep everything and find it hard to declutter my space. I have tons of clothes, shoes, CD's, books, Video's.......you name it- and I probably have lots of it. I think everyone I know has far too much of everything. I'm not sure why we are like that. Is it because we want it or need it?

I remember once while volunteering for United Way, having a tour of the old Calgary Drop In Centre. I had never been there before, and really didn't know what to expect. The tour didn't "shock" me- but one part did. It was when the Director brought us to the 10 or 15 lockers that the homeless could use for a 48 hr period. If it was not emptied out by that time, the items were destroyed. The space was about 12" by 24" and described as the space the homeless use for "all their worldly possessions". That was a real eye opener for me. Wow! I'm sure all my bubble baths, soaps and lotions wouldn't even fit in there!

I have too much stuff.............but I continue to "Feng Shui" my space..........I need more than one week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home