Lets focus on ME

Friday, April 06, 2007

More Vino Please


On our drive to Santiago yesterday, we stopped at a family run vineyard. The huge Miguel Torres one:

http://www.torres.es/eng/asp/index.asp

For $5,000 peso´s ($10 USD), you get the tour, plus 2 tastings...one of the white and one of the red. You do get this money back if you purchase 6 bottles of wine when you are done the tour. I didn´t buy any bottles, as I can´t carry any of this stuff and not break a bottle or two...so..... I just found out where I can buy this wine in Calgary, and will buy it when I get home.

I like both the Santa Digna Chardonnay, and the Santa Digna Cabernet Sauvignon (not a bad red, even though I don´t drink red). Cost of aprx $10.00 Cad a bottle if purchased at their store. I´ll see how this compares when I´m back home.

What I really liked about this tour was that you could taste the actual grapes. They had several rows of different grapes and you just grabbed a grape and ate it. I´ve never been able to do this on other wine tours I´ve been on, so I thought that was a pretty cool thing to do.

Most of the group bought bottels and bottles of wine and were pretty drunk by the time we got to our hotel in Santiago.

Some of the guys got into the beer and were singing along to the Queen music track that Aimar put on.

All I was thinking was that I should of bought one or two bottles just to drink on the 2.5 hr trip into Santiago.

Richard & Tony cannot sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home