Lets focus on ME

Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter Weekend in Santiago

I´m here in the big city!

A lot of the stores and museums are closed today seeing as it is Good Friday.

I´m just walking around getting lost. This is how you really get to see things. I´ve managed to find the Museo de Arte Contemporano...closed...but open tomorrow and a few cool art stores, which are also closed until tomorrow. Wondering around a bit more, I found this real cool internet place. I´m in my own office like space with cool music in the background.

Before I started my wondering around, I stopped off at the Mercado Central to see what they had open. EVERYTHING!! Mostly all food stalls, which I love walking through. The fish section was out of control this morning. I´ll be going back today to pick up some fruit and maybe eat at one of the stalls before I head out on my city tour.

I booked a city tour for this afternoon at 3:30 pm ($18,000 peso´s $36.00 USD). I couldn´t get away from everyone, so a few others are coming along...which is okay. The hotel staff even booked our own separate van for us 5. I´m sure that when I go back, there will be others that are tagging along. I hope it´s not too large a group. I need some space.

My first impression of this city is that it is very smoggy. The people are nice, as I´ve stopped quite a few of them to ask directions and they are very helpful.

Other than it being a very expensive city....it´s all great so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home