Lets focus on ME

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Me and Camping

Camping is an outdoor recreational activity involving the spending of one or more nights in a tent, primitive structure, a travel trailer or recreational vehicle at a campsite with the purpose of getting away from civilization and enjoying nature.

Camping describes a whole range of activities, from survivalist campers who set off with little more than their boots to those who arrive in large recreational vehicles equipped with their own electricity, heat, and patio furniture.

I've only ever camped at Lowlands in the Netherlands.

This is a yearly weekend MUSICAL FESTIVAL where you dance, dance and dance and really don't bother to sleep much over the 3 days. It also involves over 60,000 people and a lot of food stands, drink stands etc., A very FUN place to be at. I love that kind of camping.

I will soon be embarking on a 6.5 week trip in South America, where 80% of it will be camping.

Yes..........I had to buy my very first sleeping bag ever!!!!! I can't believe I have no camping gear to my name. I have everything else....but nothing that bears the MEC logo. Unbelievable.

I have to thank a lot of my friends that are helping me along the way with all their recommendations on what to bring and what not to bring.

Gorete just spent the morning with me on my first trial run at packing up my new backpack.

The coconut foaming bath bottle did not make the cut.

It was a small travel size bottle........but still no go.

Help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home