Lets focus on ME

Friday, February 16, 2007

I LOVE the Beach!

Today I spent part of the day at the Flamengo beach across the street from our Hotel.

It's not as an exciting beach as the other 2 I visited, but it's close by and does not need a cab or bus to get to. I like walking to places when I'm on vacation. It's easier and much more fun as you get the 'real' experience of the environment by walking.

I found the apostrophe on this keyboard! Yippee!!! I must ask for computer #2 in the future, it works better for me.

Chair rental is only 2 Reais ($1.00 USD) and the sun umbrella was 4 Reais. I thought a very good price. I'm sure I would be paying a lot more at the where to be seen at beaches.

This beach was full of alot of locals. I basically sat in the shade and people watched.

The kids wear similar bathing suits to their parents. Little boys in speedos and the little girls in tiny bikini's. Luckily the mothers don't make the little girls wear the thong yet. The mothers do and it can be a very scary look let me tell you!

You see most males playing around with a soccer ball on the beach. Not a game, but just kicking it around.

Everyone else just sun worships. They love their tanning here. The darker the better.

You can also buy all sorts of food and drinks on the beach as well as clothing and gadgets. I even saw a few people selling shrimp on a stick. They carry them over ice, yet the sun is shining down on their trays. I don't imagine these are good for you.

Everyone around here continues to speak Portuguese to me.

The only words I know:

Obrigado (Thank you)
Nao (No)
Sim (Yes)
Quanto (How much?)

I overuse the Obrigado word and I'm nodding and smiling alot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home