Lets focus on ME

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Unwelcome Roommate

I have a roommate.

A big f**** cockroach.

I noticed it late today and went running down the hall to find one of the hotel cleaning staff.

The first person I saw was a boy he/she (most of the young men here look like boy/girls). I tried to explain cockroach in Thai. Yup. Very difficult.

He had no idea what I was saying...just kept repeating the word 'cockrah' 'cockrah' 'cockrah'...while I was jumping up and down and making crazy hand movements. I also was yelling for him to hurry and follow me. No way did that work. He kept smiling at me and repeating 'cockrah' 'cockrah'.

He finally went to find another staff member....a girl....and he was trying to explain what I was saying to him....'cockrah''cockrah' and jumping up and down.

By now I'm laughing my head off and they both think I'm crazy.

At least the girl knew a bit of English to follow me to my room. Of course the intruder was nowhere to be found at this time. I insisted they spray my room. This was done by holding my hand up and trying to pretend spray the room and making crawling motions with my other hand.

I'm crazy..... but she understood and sent the he/she back in the room to spray the floor.

I'm now scared to go back into my room.

It's raining like mad so I'm staying here until it gets a bit better for me to venture out for something to eat.

I hope the big fat cockroach does not reproduce in my room while I am away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home