Lets focus on ME

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Thai Cooking Class

I took a cooking class the other day in Chiang Mai. 700 Baht ($25.00). 9 am to 1 pm. This also included a cookbook.

They came to pick us up at the hotel to take us to the market. Once there we all carried around these baskets to put our groceries in. Our cook talked about the different veggies, rice and meat that Thai people eat. I had no idea what over half the stuff at the market was. I just know most of it would be shut down by the health board in Canada. That's what makes coming to these parts of the world so much more exciting!!

With our groceries all purchased, we head to the school and put on our aprons and chief hats.

Our first dish was demonstrated by the cook and we then had to go to our cook station and make it. Chicken Pad Thai.

I burnt the first ingredients. Garlic and onion. Oops. I had the burner on too high.

Second dish was Kun Tom Yam (hot & sour prawn soup). Very yummy.

Third dish was a green curry chicken. Not so good. I messed up and put my basil in too early.

Last dish was banana in coconut milk. No brainer.

I rock as a Thai cook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home