Lets focus on ME

Friday, January 04, 2008

Kick Boxers and Me

Muay Thai Boxing is super popular here...so...without me knowing a thing about it, I go to a show in Chiang Mai. 400 Bhat (less than $15.00).

First match started at 8:45 pm...goes until about midnight.

A few of us got there around 9 pm....I stayed until about 10 pm. 1 hour. 3 matches. I would of stayed longer if I knew what they were doing AND if that stupid live band was not playing the same song over and over and over again....really loud!

One of the matches I was at had boys that looked like they were 10 or 12. Bunditto said they were 14 or 15 years old.... .. 33 kgs (73 pounds). The heavest competitors that evening were 55 kgs (121 pounds).

Our side of the ring had all the tourists watching in bewilderment......unsure of what was going on.

The fun side was on the opposite. All the locals......betting on the winner.

A world of mafia money...according to Bunditto.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home