Lets focus on ME

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oktoberfest Virgin

Wow.....this place is crazy!

Most of the guys are all in Lederhosen dress and most of the girls are in Bavarian attire.

You can compare it to Stampede in the way that we all dress in cowboy gear.

I wasn't too worried coming here, as I just assumed I would easily meet people at the hostel.

Nope.

There were 2 girls in my room already passed out when I got there. The others didn't check in until after 1 am.

Oh Oh........

I'm also noticing that most people are with large groups of friends.

This is going to be hard!

Oktoberfest is really a big fair ground with rides and food/souvenir stands. They also have the huge beer halls. Local beer. Paulander, Lowenbrau, Augustine to name a few....

These halls are massive....with an area in the middle for a Bavarian band. You basically go sit at a picnic table and order huge beers and food. You cannot order drinks or food standing up...you MUST be sitting down. They also don't like you just walking around.

People get there early in the morning and just sit at the table all day...11 am to 11 pm. Around 7 pm is when people are standing on the tables and dancing as there really is no room on the floor.

The waitresses are busy carrying up to 10 very large and full glass beer steins...how they do this I will never know.... Cost is 7.90 euros per stein. Most guys can handle up to 4 before they are drunk. I think I can go to 1.5 glasses.

Needless to say but everyone gets totally smashed. EVERYONE in there ....other than the kids. They allow everyone in there....all ages. Young...old.....everyone having a great time. Drinking, eating, singing, dancing and just acting silly.

Most of the tables are reserved by large companies after 5 pm. Trick is to find a table that isn't reserved, or to just sit at one that is and then squeeze in with one that isn't.

Crazy.

I had to be very proactive. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself, as this type of stuff is not my style at all. I don't like going to any 'drinking' establishments on my own.

I meet 2 German guys first day. Then a few drunk Australians. Second day I meet 2 American guys, 2 Italian guys and then 5 Danish guys.

Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home