Lets focus on ME

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Berlin Rocks

I fell in love with Berlin!

What a funky and very cool city. The place is full of artsy people and so much history! It was super FANTASTIC!

I took a flight out of the Rome Fumicino airport. Shuttle from train station...11 euro's. Flight cost on Air One was aprx $150 Canadian.

Once I got to the Berlin airport, I went directly to the Information counter to get a map and some help with directions on getting to my hostel. The guy didn't speak any English. Great I'm thinking....I'm going to love this country. In asking 3 people for directions ....I was finding at least one that spoke English.

With a bit of misdirections...one bus....3 different undergound lines.... I found my way to the Easterner Hostel.

http://www.eastener-hostel.de/frame_content_e.html

This hostel was amazing! I really really liked it there. The location was PERFECT!

I went exploring for the first hour and was so HAPPY!

Cafes and bars just down the road....Oranienburger Strabe.
Great music playing EVERYWHERE........Lenny Kravitz in one spot.
Food of all kinds.......asian, thai you name it.
Funky shopping.... in these cool graffiti buildings.
Art....Art...Art....EVERYWHERE.

It was like I died and went to heaven!

The place could not get any better......UNTIL........I noticed that noone was dressed in labels!

YES.......no designer labels in this spot.

The weirder you looked the more you fit in.

I LOVE BERLIN!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home