Lets focus on ME

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Our First Group Dinner

We meet up at 7 pm in the courtyard, as Michelle our GAP Leader went over what we would be doing for the next 17 days.

There are 12 people on the tour, plus there is a trainee job shadowing with Michelle so she can take over this route in the near future. Presently Ade is doing the Peru trips.

I can't remember everyone's name right now.........but there are 2 couples, one from Australia and the other from Ireland, and 8 girls. Age range early 20's to mid 30's. I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest. Some of the professions mentioned are: Social Worker (Claire...from England, just recently divorced and she quit her job........travelling so far for 7 months), Music Business (Gabrielle....from Australia, travelling since July....also quit her job), and a Crimal Lawyer who also quit her job. It sounds like most of the girls have boyfriends back home that they also left behind for their travel adventures. I'll have to catch all the others over the next few days.

It's an interesting group!

Most of us went out for the late dinner to "Cafe Mundo"..... within walking distance and very nice. I ordered grilled chicken that came with rice and veggies, and a lemonade. 4,400 colones (aprx $10.00). Expensive I thought, but it also included tip and service. Most places automatically add on almost 25% to your bill.

We are leaving at 8 am this morning for our bus trip to La Fortuna....it takes aprx 4 hrs.

This is where there are a lot of activites to pick from: Arenal Volcano, Baldi Hot Springs, whitewater rafting Toro River, caving, canyoning, waterfall rappelling, horseback riding or a canopy tour. All at a cost of course (as these were not included in the price I paid).

We are there until Saturday morning.

Not sure what I will be doing............ but I think I can keep updating my blog from the hotels we are staying at, as they appear to all have internet access.

My backpack is really full and we just started!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home