Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

TV Fiasco

After a very full day of walking around, shopping and touring, I was looking forward to picking up something to eat for dinner and just hanging out in the room watching TV!

I turn the TV on to see what movies were playing, to see that it didn't work. Oh Oh. I casually go to the front desk and mention this. The guy at the front desk tells me that it will be fixed for when I get back.

I go back to the pizza joint to pick up some pizza and I also find a place for this great fruit salad. Life is great!

I come back to the Hotel and the front desk guy is shaking his head telling me they had problems and the TV is not working.

"Are you kidding me?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth. Then I went on to say that I was looking so forward to watching TV. I showed him my dinner and kept on saying how boring it was at night in the hotel as I was not supposed to walk around late at night by myself. There was nothing to do in this big city and on and on.

Poor guy. I don't think he was expecting these bold statements from cute me.

He quickly says that he will see what he could do, but it would be difficult. I then ask if I could go watch TV ANYWHERE. I would even come to the front desk and watch his 2 security TV screens. I was BORED........AND......it was only 6 pm!!!

He once again tells me he would see what he could do.

I slowly and sadly walk back to my great room that has a TV in it that does NOT work.

I reluctantly sit on the bed and wonder what I can do. I have no books to read anymore...and I am not tired......it's only 6 pm.

About 10 minutes later while I am just sitting on my bed starring at a moth on the wall, I hear someone pushing something along on the floor and then a knock on my door.

I open it to see the front desk guy with a TV...BRAND NEW and in it's originally package!

WOW! I was impressed and so excited. I was actually jumping up and down clapping (this is just before I gave him a super big hug).

I help him quickly unpack the TV, being sure I give him all the paperwork in the packaging (so he could register it of course).

WOW! I'm still so impressed. A whole new TV just for me!

He plugs it in. Does not work. What?

I ask him if they had checked all the plugs in the wall.....he says yes. It must be the new TV.

Knowing these crazy countries, I ask him if I could just try a few of the other plugs around the room (different walls of course). He says sure, but really no need to.

I take the "broken" TV and plug it into a different wall socket (after he had to go get me one of those converters that have different type plug sockets). It worked. Surprise!

We repack the brand new TV in the box it came in, and then he trys to find me an extension cord to I could actually watch the TV (as the plug was very far from it's original spot).

No extension cord.

No problem, I just had him move the twin bed a bit and re-arrange the furniture so I could watch this TV from my bed. At this point, it didn't matter if I had to watch it sitting up instead of lying down.

Now that is what you call service.

I gave the front desk guy half of my pizza.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...you made him move around all the furniture in your room!!!! I could NEVER get a stranger to do that for ME - probably cuz I'm not tiny and cute like you!

Your blog entries are so depictive and colorful and well written and funny - I hope you bind them and make a book out of them afterwards, even if only for yourself.

XXX Monica

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny Isabella! I was going to blog you and tell you to write a book (I will be one of the first to buy it), but then I see that your friend Monica already said that! You are funny!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home