Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Art Purchases

While I was lost today, I found a few very interesting art galleries that I spent some time in.

What was fun about it, was discussing the art pieces with the owners...and the prices should I buy anything.

I settled on 2 pieces from the same artist...Juan Ramon Serrano. One abstract and one of his tradional pieces. I love them. The final price was $150 USD for both. I will have to frame them at home.

I also noticed some art that is very similar to a piece I have at home. I purchased a piece last time I was in Costa Rica.......in San Jose, the night before I was flying out (seeing as I did no shopping in Puerto Viejo de Lemon...the place I spent my time at).

The artist is "Nayra Araya Chavarra". She signs her art Nayra and then CR with the year she painted it.

I will have to check my painting to see if this is one of her originals.

I guess she is very famous here.

Funny, but I never pay attention to who the artist is when I buy paintings. I just want someone local, and a painting that I am drawn too.

Maybe my art is worth some coin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home