Lets focus on ME

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tarjeta para Estudiante

I have a student card now. Yup. And one that hopefully is legal.

I did not book my flight to get to San Jose, Costa Rica for my November 1st tour before I left Canada, as I thought I would find a cheaper one here in Guatemala.

Well.......I've gone to several travel agencies and the price was always around $300 to $350.00 one way in US dollars. Ouch. In all the travel agencies, the agents commented that if I had a student card, the price would be cheaper. Anywhere from $50 to $75 cheaper. When asked how this card worked, the agents always replied that there was a fee for the card, and the price also varied from agency to agency. Anywhere from $10 to $15 USD for the card. I also asked them if there was an age restriction- as I had one of these cards in Turkey and it didn't work everywhere, due to age. The agents were always surprized by this question, and always had to phone someone to verify. The answer always varied from agency to agency. 25. 32. 35. It doesn't matter. Hmmmm.....

Smart me sent an email to Heather my great travel agent in Edmonton, who could bail me out if needed. I knew her price so off I went shopping again for an airline ticket.

I am proud to announce that I did find one today...........$200.00 USD for a one way ticket. I have one stop in Managua (Nicaragua). Copa airlines. Legit fare, as I also checked the website. Student card cost about $12.00. I leave Monday October 30th.

I had to pay cash, as they charge anywhere from 6% to 8% more when using a credit card.

I received a recibo for my confirmation, and I have to pick up my ticket and card on Monday.

It has to be typed on the manual typewriter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow -- a manual ticket - typed - I would perish without my printers!!

Heather

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home