Lets focus on ME

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Snob no longer

I admit it. I really thought that Value Village was only for Halloween costumes or for super bargain shoppers. Second hand clothing from people I don't know? Yucky. Well....I was very wrong! Value Village ROCKS!

In preparing for my Guatemala trip, one of the other volunteers suggested I get my "working clothes" (to build the stoves/water filters and not what you are thinking) from Value Village. This way you don't pay a lot of money and you can dispose of after use. Good plan I thought. I had to look in the phone book to see where one was as I could not remember. I parked and see several Hutterites going in. Oh Oh. I then see a women in the store with a cart full of stuff carrying a REAL Louis Vuitton purse. Wow. Shoppers from all demographics!

The store in the South is large and very well laid out. You have to go up and down the aisles, and some clothing is really noticeable as second hand- BUT- MOST is NOT! I was so excited! They even carry books! I picked up so many items for my trip and only spent $40.00. Yippee!!!

I'm taking Jr there tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home