Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Indian Buses and Me

I was told to take the bus to get me home from the volunteer centre.

"Don't take tuk-tuk. Too expensive."

Yes it is. 45/50 rupees compared to the 5/ rupees on taking the bus.

One of the guys walked me to the street and just loads me on the first bus that shows up....he yelled '8.....GO'. I hopped on....or rather squished my way in.

I had absolutely no idea where I was going...other than what they had written on a piece of paper for me. I handed it to someone on the bus......who just kept passing it to someone that could read it and then I get this nodding of the head that they would help.

I kept a look out for the nod.

I got it after a lot of stops and stares.....both men and female.

Happy to get off but still having no idea where I was...but knowing I was close.

The side streets are really smelly...mostly of piss from the guys who pee everywhere...so I had to walk on the street trying to not get run over.

With my handy hotel business card and my luck of finding someone that could read, I made it home safe and sound.

I love taking the bus!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bella .. I have been getting caught up on your travels .. and gotta say .. you make me laugh .. oh, and cry too .. I am so proud of you volunteering with the children .. you Rock my friend .. keep the stories coming . oh, got my postcard - love it!!
Heather

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bella,
Great to know that you are doing well...
Hello from Gabi, Milos and Pat...we are still looking...I hope after today we found the "right place"...Keep safe and have fun!
Love Gabi

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home