Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sewing Machines and Boys

I asked Rupendra...the office manager of Ladli if I could go see what the boys did during the day.

Next thing you know, I'm sitting on the back of his motorcycle whipping down busy Amjer road. He of course is wearing a helmet. I'm not. Passengers do not need helmets. Drivers do...as they get fined if they don't.

After about 15 minutes we pull up to this spot with the Ladli sign.

The boys are also taught how to make jewellery here...but they mainly make all these other cool items that need a sewing machine. They have about 8 old black sewing machines...the kind that went out of style in the western world years ago... that they use to teach the boys how to sew.

Sewing is huge here in India. You only see men doing it. Tailors everywhere.

I was just soooooo happy to arrive in one piece after the motorcycle ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home