Lets focus on ME

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bye Bye Santiago

I'm home now. Calgary. Not the big city like Santiago, which has 5 million people. My little city with clean air.

Santiago has a lot of smog and pollution. It's awful. I guess it gets even worse in Winter,which is just around the corner. I can't even imagine how people breathe in that city. Yuck.

My last week there was great. Hotel Espana, room 320........the "Love Shack". Red velvet walls. Big closet mirrors. Fridge. TV. Shower that worked. It rocked!

Highlights of the week:


  • Valparaiso and the 5 star Pullman bus to get there. Let's forget about the worms in the grapes and fresh peas purchased at the market.


  • Great hot chocolate at the cafe in the Belle Artes district. The spoon used to stir this is now in my home.

  • Museo de Belle Artes. Note to self: Bring a spanish dictionary next time to understand what is going on.
  • Central Fish Market. Don't eat cold fish soup in the future. Yuck.

  • Pisco Sours for only 1,000 peso's. Loved them! You even meet people coming from a Bad Religion and Velvet Revolver show.

  • Peruvian, Chinese and Italian food. What exactly is Chilean food?

After a 9 hour flight to Dallas, a 5 hour layover and a 4 hour flight to Calgary, I made it home safe and sound.

I really enjoyed my trip and did not want to come home, but I had to.

My tax return is due end of the month.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home