Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Famous Pintor Carlos

Last night I went to the exhibition Carlos Chavez has at the Panza Verde Hotel:

http://www.panzaverde.com/en/

His show opened on Oct 11th, so we were the only ones there with the artist.

He is very talented, and the art is very different to what I have seen here locally.

Kind of dark but each painting tells a story. Most have people painted under the earth to represent death, yet the ground where they are buried then grows into flowers or vegetables. Some of the people have no arms or necks to represent repression.

I liked talking to Carlos about what he was thinking when he painted them.

Artists sure have great imagination!

Unfortunately I cannot buy any of his paintings, as the price ranges from about $200 for a very small water color and from $1,000 USD and up on his acrylics.

I can however, buy a few of his bookmark art, that he paints for the Ten Thousand Villages project!

I love art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home