Lets focus on ME

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sales Extraodinair

I didn´t feel like going to Nuestros this morning, so I went to the Central Park to hang out and people watch.

No sooner did I sit down, but this sweet little girl and her brother come up to me to try and sell these little calendars. I said no, she persisted. I kept saying no. They left.

Five minutes later, they are back and sit on the bench with me. She starts out by asking me my name, where I´m from, what I´m doing in Antigua and if I like it. I ask her her name, her brothers name and how old they are. I also ask why they are not in school. She tells me that she is 8, and doesn´t go to school, and her brother tells me he is 2. He also has a pile of cards he is trying to sell. I notice their mother in the park doing the same and their father with a mobile shoe shine.

The little girl then asks how old I am. I say 10. She laughs and says ¨no, your 20¨.

Okay.........I´m ready to buy her cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home