Lets focus on ME

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bella does Guatemala

I'm here! This is going to take me forever. The computer program is in Spanish and I needed a lot of help from the Internet guy, and that was just on my first word.

I have a new name here. Not totally new but an abbreviated one due to another person on the trip having a similar name............AND....... another traveller with us- Dr Anne has a similar middle name. What are those odd's?

Me llamo Bella.

I have a lot of updating to do- but it will have to wait until another day, as I'm really tired right now and don't have much time tonight.

It was a FANTASTIC day. My team installed water filters and 2 stoves each for the 5 families we were assigned. Our goal is 5 families per day for the next 3 days.

Can you believe I used a drill AND a rivet today??? I am so outside of my comfort box- but it feels great!

I want and NEED a LEATHERMAN!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Is, I'm so happy to read your last post and hear that you're already enjoying the adventure! I miss and love you !!!

xxx monica

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno if my original comment will get online or not - I'm still struggling with this whole posting thing in blog-land.

I've been perusing some of your past blogs, and I must say you are a great writer! I feel like I'm there beside you in your head. I like the way you think.

I'm just sitting at my computer right now wasting time til my colleague michelle comes to get me - she's taking me to her yoga class tonite. Some freaky form of yoga where they heat up the room to 40 degrees celcius then bend you into impossible shapes. I better lose weight and get into shape doing this or else I won't be happy. Oh yeah - I put on about 15 pounds during my 3 weeks in Canada...slowly trying to get rid of the newly acquired Burger Belly. Sander too, but it'll take him longer due to the recently quitting smoking thing.

Well, "Bella", I hope you continue enjoying Guatemala. Don't kiss anyone unless they are cute and at least as tall as you and over 30 years old. M'kay?

xxx monica

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Bella,

Yippee .. glad to hear you made it safely and are enjoying your experiences. Keep us posted!!

Heather

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tool girl! So glad to hear that you got there safely and that you adjusted. So what are the people like? Is this their first experience with foreigners? What is the weather like?

Kate 12:34

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you and very proud of you Isabella!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home