Lets focus on ME

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Aprons ROCK!

My aunt made me over 60 aprons to give to the ladies of Guatemala to use with their new stoves.

I started giving some out yesterday and I can´t describe how excited they get and the smile they give you. No matter what age they are, they all giggle and look at each other. None of them speak Spanish as they all have their own Mayan dilect, so I have no idea what they are saying.

I´ve been taking lots of pictures so far so I will be able to show my friends the experience I am having ...and of course for my photoalbum!

We have our local guide in the village asking... or should I say motioning...for me to take another picture of the same as she wants me to mail them her one. It´s hard to try and explain we can make doubles, so I just take another picture. I don´t have a digital, but others in the group do, and when they look at their pictures, they always giggle!

This lady I just mentioned is 48 years old, she is a grandmother, has 11 children ..ranging from 30 to 7 years old and 1 grandchild' which she always has strapped to her back! Her name is Mercedes...

Got to go......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home