Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Never Alone

I just bought this small little book for a friend.

I really liked the message that we are never alone.

Peace Angels. Antoniette Sampson

I remember when I came here the landing was very soft.

I remember you were there with me.

I opened my eyes.

Hello.

It was a long journey and this was a new place,

but it was ok because I was not alone-

you were there.

I always saw you.

You and your friends.

Shapes and blurs of light and warmth.

I giggled and spun with the newness.

I was giddy with the light.

I could climb mountains,

I could fly,

I was a king.

Where did you go?

I remember feeling heavy the day I went to sleep.

I remember...what do I remember?

You know the feeling,

not sad or happy,

sort of in the middle of nothing.

I had teachers now, teachers I could see.

They told me you only existed in books,

that real people knew better than to believe in fantasy.

And I believed them.

I forgot you.

I remember yearning the dreams I had,

that sleep-wake existence when I couldn't tell the difference when everything was fine.

No, really, I'm fine.

I'm just a little tired.

I was feeling empty.

I don't know why.

Waiting for you to show yourself to remind me that you are here.

Always.

So I searched.

Seek and ye shall find.

I looked for you at the movies....

on the television...

in magazines and on walls....everywhere.

But I could not find you.

Memory is strong like a computer chip.

We are all computers who hold the memory of the universe,

and if you search you will find a snapshot, a glimmer, a little hint of something greater than this.

And that is where I found you.

Laughing and smiling....

playing peek-a-boo.

Oh I missed you so much.

But I was always here, I never went away.

Who made the slippery rocks dry....

who made the waves softer....

who stopped that car....

who made you jump so high...

who waved away the fever....

who loved you to life?

You are never alone.

Drink your tea.

Stop worrying

It's already fixed.

Take steps, make decisions, don't be afraid.

Remember who you are.

The one you see in your dreams.

The one you love.

The one you forgive.

For when you look into my eyes,

you see yourself.

You see,

I have never left you.

I will never leave you.

We are together always.

Every step.....

every breath....

until the last.

And when you leave,

I will come with you on another adventure.

You are good company.

I like being around you.

Take me with you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Is - I'm diggin' this new spiritual side of you. suits you to a tee!

xoxox Monica

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home