Lets focus on ME

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Taking Care of Business

It sure takes a super long time to get anything done here.

I've commented on this prior in my blog......but here is another example:

Purchasing material at a fabric shop.
  • I had to take 2 other staff members with me.
  • Once they figured out what I wanted (and I had a sample)....they then had some social time visiting...with of course chai offered.
  • While we waited and waited and waited, they had some 'color' guy come and talk about colors to the 2 Indian folks. I already had picked out the color- so all he had to do was see it...but then of course he waited and waited with us.
  • Finally someone actually went to some back room and got the material to cut for us. 85 meters.
  • The color guy took it with him (the material comes just in cream)
This process took a full 2.5 hours.

I was trying to make small talk with the few words they knew.

I told them that this would of just taken 15 minutes in Canada....AND...I would of gone home with my purchase...not having to come back to pick up what I just bought.

I also added that 'doing business in India is very slow.'

They all laughed and nodded in agreement.

I don't think they have stressed out people in this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home