Lets focus on ME

Friday, April 25, 2008

Bye Bye Didi Bella

Thursday was my last day at the vocational school.

I won't be hearing 'Didi Bella' anymore. I'm so sad.

It was a very emotional day.

The day started out as all the others....up around 8 am....took a quick shower and I put on my Rajasthan style kurta over my capri jeans.

Once I got to the school, Sarita and Kamlesh ran over to show me the completed poster I had them working on the day before. They made a sponsor info poster for the office. I was very impressed with what they did. I really wasn't too sure about Mickey Mouse being on the poster- but I didn't have the heart to tell them....so....I did what I had to do. I put it up on the wall in the office.

We had another Intrepid tour come for a visit, so I spent some time with the Leader- Ravi- and the passengers just talking about India.

Once the group left, Rupendra, Sheila and Kamala called me into the office and told me that Ladli would like to thank me for all my hard work and that they had a small gift from me.

Normally I would of been able to pick out some jewellry the girls made... however.... I had Sonerji design some silver ankle bracelets as well as some for my nieces...so they just gave me those as gifts and gave me a discount on the other necklace I had them make for me.

Then..........they had me go with them to the main work area the girls sit in and had me sit in the middle of the room on a chair. They then gave me a red bindi with rice and put a flower garland around my neck. They also gave me a red flower. Each time they gave me something they all clapped. I was sitting in the middle of the circle with all the girls and staff standing around me...all looking at me and smiling. They also had local music playing a song that they said had a strong message to it. Tulsi tried to explain it to me- but all I heard was something about a letter. The moments were so overwhelming that I was crying like a big baby. Even some of the staff and girls had tears in their eyes.

I tried to just think happy thoughts...but it was very hard.

I kept thinking about all the people I was leaving and what would happen to them.

What did the future hold for all these special people in my life?

This made me cry harder...so I stopped thinking this and gave everyone a hug before I left.

March 10th to April 24th... 7 weeks of my life shared with Ladli.

Didi Bella loved every moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home