Lets focus on ME

Monday, April 21, 2008

Benny and the Camels

I went to Pushkar for the weekend with Candice.

We left on Friday morning....9:30 am bus to Ajmer ($121 rupees each) and then caught the Ajmer to Pushkar bus for 8 rupees. We arrived around 1:30 pm.

At Pushkar I called Benny to come pick us up. Vicky his brother came instead....I of course got confused (they look alike) and was going on and on about last time I was in Pushkar and how I was dragging the blanket around on the rooftop and that 'your' brother was mad at me. Vicky (who I thought was Benny) then decides to tell me it was him. 'I am not Benny'. Great. Welcome to Pushkar.

We hung around town....much quieter this time due to the heat. Watched the sunset and then went back to the rooftop to drink. It's illegal to drink in this holy town...but we brought our own vodka. We needed a drink or two or three..........

On Saturday we just hung around town and then headed off on our camels around 5 pm.

We were picked up right at our hotel! So cool to ride our camels through town into the desert.

We stopped after a few hours to watch the sunset and the entertainment that was planned for us. Dancers with live music. Awesome!!!

We rode a little bit further after that and then set up camp...basically this was our bed cots...with mattresses and sheets/pillow plus a blanket. Good thing as it got pretty cold out there at night!

Our dinner was fabulous and so was sleeping under the stars with a full moon.

I don't think life can get any better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home