Lets focus on ME

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bella Does Nepal

I still can't believe I'm in Kathmandu.

Nothing like just showing up and saying 'entertain me....NOW'.

I got here on Monday afternoon and had a hotel taxi pick me up. Of course he was accompanied with a tour guy. They are everywhere here. Selling all sorts of adventures in Nepal.

I'm staying in an area called 'Thamel'. A little town where the foreign visitors outnumber the local Nepalese. The total area of this place is aprx 3 square kilometers with 8 entrances towards it and Thamel holds more than 2,500 businesses including hotels of different standards, lodges, guest houses, resturants, massage centres, discos, pubs, dance restaurants, souvenir shops etc.,

I checked into Hotel Diplomat............$7.00 a night- single room/private bath...............and then headed out with Fani to see what he had to sell me.

The guy is a master at this.

Tomorrow I am going with a private guide to the Annapurna area.

My itenary:


  • Take the 7 am tourist bus to Lake Pokhara. Arrive at aprx 2 pm. Afternoon and evening free. I will be staying at the Fishtail Villa right in front of the lake.
  • May 1st...Drive from Pokhara to Naya Pu (aprx 1 hr) and then trek to Tirkhedhunga (aprx 4/5 hrs). Stay overnight at one of the tea house lodges.
  • May 2nd....Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorapani (aprx 6/7 hrs). Stay overnight at one of the tea house lodges.
  • May 3rd...Get up at 4:30 am and climb from Ghorapani to Poon Hill (aprx 1 hr)...then walk back to Ghorapani to trek to Deo rali and Tadapani area (aprx 6 hrs). Stay overnight at one of the tea house lodges.
  • May 4th...Trek Tadapani to Ghandrung (aprx 3 hrs). Stay overnight at one of the tea house lodges.
  • May 5th...Trek Ghandrung to Naya Pu (aprx 4/5 hrs). Drive from Naya Pu to Pokhara. Relax that evening at Fishtail Villa.
  • May 6th...Full day and evening at Lake Pokhara. Stay overnight at Fishtail Villa.
  • May 7th...Take the tourist bus back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel Diplomat.
  • May 8th...Free day and evening in Kathmandu.
  • May 9th...Fly back mid afternoon to Delhi

I'm going out for dinner with Fani and my guide tonight.

Today I had to buy some gear for my trip.

Life is great!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Life can be great and I'm happy you are loving it.

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy

Your on the path of opening your "Third Eye" so don't get Dizzy Izzy.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home