Lets focus on ME

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pedal Rickshaws

Man people work hard here for just a few pennies............

This morning when I had to move hotels, I hopped on a pedal rickshaw to take me down the road as I didn't want to walk with all my stuff.

The cost was 10 rupees. That's 25 cents.

I was embarrassed to give him so little for him hauling my fat ass and heavy bag down the road pedalling a bike.

This is what I find hard.

I paid him double.

I know that I'm not supposed to do this as this then drives up the prices and expectations- especially for the tourists.

But.........I can't help myself when you see them working really hard to make a living.

It's not his fault he was born in India.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - just catching up on your travels. It's great reading. Hope you are keeping safe - oh lady with different hair!!!

All is well in Calgary under a blanket of snow.

Cheers
Veronique, Chris, Nicole & Isabelle

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home