Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Joe's Adventures

I need to comment on Joe's experience when he first arrived in Delhi.

He was telling me this story and I just could not stop laughing. I even saw some pictures to validate what he was telling me.

I'll make it shorter than it really is.

Joe is flying from England and is sitting next to an older Indian women. She talks the whole way. Joe finds himself filling out all her forms for customs. Joe also finds himself carrying her super big and heavy carry on bag in customs. Joe asks her what she has in the bag. The old lady replies that she has bacon in the bag. Joe is worried.

Joe arrives from England. While the taxi driver is driving him to his hotel, he informs Joe that the hotel is overbooked. Joe asks him what he should do. The driver advises that he has a room at his house if Joe wanted to stay there. Trusting Joe says sure. For 1,000 rupees a night($25.00), Joe finds himself on the floor...sharing a room with this driver and his brother. Conveniently the driver also sells drugs. Hash. Joe likes hash. Even more convenient is how the driver always discusses money when Joe is stoned.

Joe also advised me that these type of things always happen to him. I asked him to give me an example. Quickly he responds.....oh...like this year while going to school....I always seemed to be late for class. The teacher was always not believing me on why I was late. Like the time my cat brought in a live bird into the house and I had to keep chasing it to catch it and let it out of the house. The teacher just told me to say that I slept in...when really I didn't.

It's going to be funny travelling with Joe.

Last night he had both a beer and a rum on the go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home