Lets focus on ME

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Magical Moments

Our two female dancers at the camel safari were with two male musicans.

The males were dressed in typical desert attire.....plain white shirts, baggy pants and turbans.

The females were dressed with very bright makeup and beautiful colored sari's and jewellery.

I spent a bit of time trying to talk to them prior to the performance.

Both so cute. Smiled all the time.

They didn't speak much english...only their names.....and a few words....'make up' and 'oh la la'.

I asked one of them how old she was. She replied 'twenty'. I'm thinking she looked great for that as she looked about twelve.

I find out later when talking to Tej that most of the people in the desert really have no idea about birthdays so they don't know how old they are....even in their own language.

The young girl really only answered me what she knew in english...not even understanding what it meant.

It was a magical evening watching them perform.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Is, I just spent some time catching up on your blog. Sounds like your having a great time.
Keep on blogging!!!!!!
Wade

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home