Lets focus on ME

Friday, December 28, 2007

Finally....In Thailand

What an adventure so far.........

I went to Edmonton for Christmas taking the 6 pm bus back to Calgary that evening as I had an 11 m flight to Bangkok the morning after.

Here I am...2 am...still packing and getting myself sorted out for my trip!

No sleep, I get myself to the Calgary airport bright and early. Good thing as its insane at airports this time of the year. It seems that EVERYONE with small kids is getting on an airplane!

My 11 am flight to Vancouver was deplayed by 1.5 hrs....shortage of baggage handlers......causing me to miss my connection by FIVE minutes. Air Canada doesn't wait for anyone. Even cute me.

I had to overnight in Vancouver at Air Canada's expense. Not a great thing. Separate blog entry on that.

The next day...Dec 27th...I try it again from Vancouver. 12:35 pm flight. Delayed by 1 hour. Great.......another rush to make the connection in Beijing. Good news...I made it!

Flight times: 1.5 hours Calgary to Vancouver. 11.5 hours Vancouver to Beijing. 4.5 hours Beijing to Bangkok. Total of 17.5 hours in the air. Yuck.

I don't sleep on airplanes...so here are my reviews on the 5 films I watched on the one flight alone:
  • After the Wedding (Danish) ...Fantastic.....I highly recommend
  • The Darjeeling Limited.....Great movie....also recommended
  • Eden (German)......Interesting movie....
  • Grease......always a feel good movie
  • The Nanny Diaries.....just as bad as the book

I'm movied out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home