Lets focus on ME

Saturday, December 08, 2007

My Special Day

I had one of the best days the other day!

It started with me having organized about 8 of us to help out at one of the homeless drop in centres in the city. Our role was helping out in the kitchen. I had the task of placing the bread on the plate and passing it over to the next person for their task. The assembly line had us filling up the plate with bread, ham, potatoes, veggies, and a big piece of cheese. We did this for 550 plates. It's shocking to hear that this one homeless centre can sometimes feed up to 1,400 people per night.......AND......I live in a properous city!!

Some of the homeless starting clapping for us 'volunteers' as we were leaving the kitchen and walking thru their dining area. Seemed so surreal and kind of embarassing.

That night I went out for dinner with some friends for thai food....this little restaurant within walking distance from my house. It was super yummy!

My doorbell rang around 10 pm and all I could see from the peep hole was this huge bouquet of flowers! Wow!!! One of my best friends, Gorete was standing behind them. She even brought me a VENTI tazo chai.

I love my friends for remembering me.

Thank you...........it means a lot to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home