Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I've Split to Split

I'm presently in Split Croatia the second largest city in Croatia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split

I left Dubrovnik on Monday morning for the 8 am bus. I hadn't pre-booked my ticket, and as this is one of the most popular times, I had to wait for the next bus which was at 9 am. I was seated in the first row...seat 4 ...aisle. The 5 hour bus ride went awesome. Great views all the way along the coast. The best drive anywhere this trip so far! Absolutely beautiful. It also helped that I was looking out the front window and was able to see it all :)

Trip cost me 132 Kuna's one way (aprx $27.00) ..plus 7 kuna's for my backpack. You get aprx 5 kunas for one Canadian dollar.

A few minor inconveniences were these crazy passport control stops they have in their own country. Bus stops. Passport police gets on and checks everyones passport. Interesting.

I checked into Hostel Placida. 340 Kuna's for 3 nights (aprx $70.00). Single beds in this huge room set up with a TV area. Nice!

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/HostelPlacida-Split-14002

Two of my roommates are from England. Nice mannered 20 year old boys. One Canadian girl checked in yesterday. Also 20. I'm pretty sure that everyone I have been meeting this trip is under 23 years old (other than the organized trips). I would guess that is the average age for hostelling.

So describes me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home