Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cool Croatian Mladen

The owner of the villa was a hoot. Mladen was his name. He drove me to the bus stop to take my bus to Split for 50 Kuna's. Everything is possible for a price.

The second night I was there, I went to the huge balcony to buy a small bottle of white wine. He only had large bottles. I tried to explain I only wanted 1 small glass. Next thing you know, Mladen goes to the back of the house and comes back with one of those large plastic coke bottles full of white wine he makes for his family.

I ended up having 3 glasses while I was talking to 5 young guys from England travelling around Croatia. Whenever my glass was half full, Mladen would come by and fill me up (conveniently.... he also filled up at the same time).

I loved it. FREE home made Croatian wine!

What a great experience.

Oh.....Mladen loved to gossip in his broken English. He told me that 2 doors down from his house, the owner...a 28 year old guy with 2 children.... was busted by the police for cocaine.

I think that's what he said!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool, that's the kind of experience you want, some locals and local wine, what more could you ask for!

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home