Lets focus on ME

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bananas and Steps

After parting with the group on Saturday, I went and waited where instructed for a red car with a a guy driver picking me up to bring me to my hostel. I had no idea what it was called, as this booking spot uses private houses all around Dubrovnik. You see people everywhere advertising for 'sobe' or 'rooms' as we know them in English.

An older guy stops and asks if I'm me... I say yes and off we go. Up and up this curvy road all the way up the mountain to where all the villa's are. I'm panicking thinking this is way out of the way so I try and communicate this to the driver. He has no idea what I'm saying.

'Vila Banana' is the place I'm staying at. Million dollar views from the balconies. Super nice spot. My room has 3 single beds. It's set up like an apartment with a shared bathroom and kitchen with another room full of beds. Nice! Only thing is I have no idea where I am.

I'm thinking the 300 kuna's I paid for the 3 nights was too good to be true. I'm lost. How do I get to the Old City? How how how???????

Problem solved when I meet up with 4 young lads from Scotland. So polite. They helped me find my way.

Over 300 steps going down this maze. 30 minutes walking fast to make it down the mountain. I'm thinking not too bad. I need to exercise. This is good. I can handle this for 3 days.

Down is easy. Going up can kill you. I'll repeat KILL YOU!!!

And it gets dark at night. Very dark.

This could only happen to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home