Lets focus on ME

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back in Buapest

I'm back in Budapest!

I got here last night. Took the 3:3o pm flight from Rome Fumicino airport. One hour flight. Price for my ticket with Sky Europe was 7o Euros. They have this express train service to the airport from the train station. It only takes 3o minutes. 11 Euros one way. Easy.

Once I got to the Budapest airport I took the airport minibus service straight to the Atlantic Hotel. 2,3oo forints. 11 euro's (overcharged if you didn't have local currency...which of course I didn't this time...so unlike me!) The rate is 25o Forints to 1 Euro (1.5o Canadian)

I didn't have a reservation at the hotel (which was charging 55 euros a night for a single room). Luckily I ran into one of the Intrepid leaders who told me where a close by hostel was once I asked him.

For 12 euros I stayed in a 5 person dorm. 3 people from Coast Rica and 1 from France. I had a top bunk...but threw my mattress on the floor. The bed frame looked like it was ready to collapse. The guy at the bottom was very happy to see me do this. Another reason why I must stop eating.

http://www.redbusbudapest.hu/

It was quite interesting how I found the hostel seeing as I only had a rough idea from the Intrepid leader who could not remember exact adress.

I went into an internet spot that had loud reggae music blasting from the windows. Down the stairs.....backpack and all. All these rasta dudes were drinking and chatting it up. I ask if I can use the internet (so I can get exact address of the hostel)......they say no problem (well.. only one said no problem...the others had no idea what I was saying).

I first had to go to an ATM machine to get some money out so I could pay for the internet usage. One of the guys...can't remember his name...but he is from Africa somewhere, took me to the ATM. Once I got the address of the spot I had to interupt the rasta dudes again to get directions.

No problem as once again the African rasta dude walked me part way to the spot.

I love Budapest.

A very friendly city.

One just has to find the drunk and stoned people to ask them for help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home