Lets focus on ME

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Art And More Art

Yesterday I walked over the Charles Bridge to spend some time at the modern art- Kampa Museum. 200Kc to view the museum and the two art exhibitions of Frantisek Kupka and Piet Mondrian. Very Nice.

As I was walking to the Museum, I noticed all these cement blocks- one over the other- in some funky design in all sorts of colors. Naturally I walked over to see what this was all about. For 100Kc ($5.00) you get to purchase one of these blocks that you paint and then they display along with the other blocks. This is a fund raiser for one of the mentally disabled projects they have on the go here in Prague for a town near by. Of course I had to participate, so I painted my block red on one side with blue, green, purple hearts and a big yellow flower! Didn't take long and it was fun trying to not get paint on me or my hands.

I just got back from another art exhibition in the Old Town square. Alfons Maria Mucha and Salvador Dali. 250KC to view both. Some of Dali's stuff is great, but the majority of it has the weirdest messages. He must of been on acid when he painted.

All of the others are off on different tours of Prague seeing as they just got here.

I of course did it all the first day.

Smarty pants me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home