Lets focus on ME

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Camping Rocks

It sure does!

It's a free day, so I took the bus into the town of Foz do Iguacu with Lynne bright and early this morning.

We arrived at the centre of town around 11 am and shopped a bit, then went for a late lunch at McDonald's. I had a craving for something familiar...even though I haven't been to one in Canada for some time now....I have been to 2 McDonald's since being in Brazil. What is wrong with me? Must be the heat.

Lynne headed back with a few others we ran into and I just stayed back to be on my own.

I stopped for a pedicure and mainicure. 13 Reias for both ($6.50 USD). I even have dark red nail polish on. You can't go wrong with this color when you are camping and are in flip flops all the time because your feet are always dirty!

My shopping purchases today are, a real pillow, pillow cover and bed sheet for my new home. My tent needed some comforts of my brick & mortar home with certain upgrades. The stuff sack isn't cutting it for my pillow and my sleeping bag is way too hot to sleep in.

I've come to understand that you just buy what you need when you camp.

Tired of cooking? Just go to the buffet offered at the Campsite/Hostel. For 15 Reias you get an Italian meal with red wine. Food tastes like cafeteria crap but at least you have options.

Need supplies? Just go shopping or borrow from others. As long as you have money and are not shy about asking you will never need anything while camping.

No toilet paper? No problem. One of the toilets usually has some or better yet bring your own roll that can be easily purchased at one of the many grocery stores or gas stations we stop at.

Lack of entertainment? Not where we are. We have a pool. One pool table. One ping pong table. A Fuz ball table. Internet stations. Bar that plays great music. A restaurant. Toilets and showers. This place provides camping and rooms.

http://www.paudimar.com.br/

The tree next to my tent even has plugs for people to charge up stuff.

Like I said.....camping ROCKS so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home