Lets focus on ME

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Currency Exchange To The Colon

It's so confusing!

It always takes me a day or two to figure out other countries money to our own...........especially when the exchange to the new money is in the thousands for little value ...so different to ours!

Take the Costa Rica colon......... 10,000 CR is worth about $21.00 Canadian.

I screwed up last night while at the airport......twice already..... taking out money from the ScotiaBank ATM.

I first took out 10,000 CR..thinking it was $200 Canadian. Wrong! My service charges will be almost as much as I took out!

Then....... I see a button for US cash......so, I press that for $200 USD...thinking the ATM will spit out the equivalent in Costa Rica money.

Wrong again! I get US cash. Yuck.

I hate being in a country other than the USA and using US cash.

I like using the country I am in currency.

Not US cash. I donĀ“t want them to be the world currency.

Unfortunately, I think they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home