Lets focus on ME

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Beautiful Granada

It´s bright and early and I´ve just finished calling my father to let him know where I am and that all is fine.

I don´t know how this happened, but now I am one hour ahead for time difference.

I´m in beautiful Colonial Granada, third largest city in Nicaragua.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada,_Nicaragua

My hotel is called "Hospedaje Cocibolca". I´m in room 6....a much bigger room than the last place. It also has two fans, so the air circulates a bit better......AND....we have a TV! Yup! We are the only ones that got this "upgrade". I guess it was to make up for the crappy room we got last time.

This town looks quite similar to Antigua, and even though I haven´t done much yet, I can tell I like it!

Yesterday afternoon once we were checked in, we went to the tour office to book any tours we wanted. I then found an internet spot (here at Hostal Central):

http://www.centralhostal.com/index.html

If you can open up the link, you will see where I will be sitting having breakfast after I sign off!

This place charges 14 Cordoba´s an hour for internet use........less than one dollar (similar to what I was paying in Antigua).

Laundry is also inexpensive here, so it´s a great spot to catch up on having some clean clothes.

We are here for three nights, and in about one hour I will be heading off to do some shopping at some famous market.

Last night we went to this place called "Cafe Nuit"...a local bar with live music. The local band had everyone dancing salsa, cha cha and everything else.

I certainly did not even try to dance.

I thought I could dance, but I can´t.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say market??? Isn't that your favorite thing to do...go to the market. Do they have peas??

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home