Lets focus on ME

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Prison de Mujeres

I was walking home this morning from the vegetable run, and notice that I am living across the street from a women´s prison.

Now that I know where I live, I´m trying new calles and avenidas...........ONLY to discover a prison near me! I was in shock.

I mentioned this to my Spanish teacher this afternoon, and she just laughed and told me there was a man´s prison near Central Park also and not to worry.

I guess the super dangerous prison is near Guatemala City, where over 6 months ago there was some super big riot with the Columbian drug lord and his turf in the jailhouse, and 15 people got shot and killed.

I think that´s what Carmen mi Maestra said to make me feel better about the prison right across the street from where I live.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...strangely enough, you don't sound very scared by all of this - where's the isabel who runs screaming from bees and wasps and mosquitos? Now she's living across the street from a PRISON and it doesn't phase her?!? GOOD GIRL! You GO, girl!!!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home