Lets focus on ME

Monday, September 25, 2006

Burger King and McDonald's

Yup, those 2 are here! I 'm sorry to say that I stopped in there today to buy a coke and fries. I broke down. I had to do it. I can report that McDonald's has consistency in their products offered. This was for research!

Today we had a choice of climbing a Volcano (can't remember it's name) . 1 hr drive there and a 4 hour hike up /down. I picked the second option of the coffee plantation tour. It's only 2 hours this afternoon. I will be seeing enough volcano's on my Nov trip.

I spent the morning checking out the Spanish School I registered with. Centro Linguistico De La Fuente. Good thing I did, as they had me down as "cancelled". I didn't think that the lady I spoke to just before I left Calgary in confirming my registration over the internet really understood english. No problemo, all fixed. I had a tour and was also able to visit the home that I will be staying at. The lady of the house doesn't speak any english at all, so I will have no option but to apply my learning of the day once I start. It's funny how I understand most of what they are saying in Spanish if said slowly, it's just that I can't communicate back. Must be that my dad has always spoken to me in Italian, I've just alway's spoken english. Unless of course if I'm with another Calabrese friend and we are making fun of a muncha cake we don't know!

Got to go......... I have to see where the coffee Starbucks buys is from. I've heard working conditions for some of the plantations is very hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home