Lets focus on ME

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Mia & Me

Several weeks ago I won two tickets to see the 'Wiggles Go Banana's' show in Edmonton. Why I even entered this contest was a mystery. Not that I have time for this....but I thought, why not? I'll send in a few banana receipes and enter- really having no idea who the 'Wiggles' were at that time. A quick google search and I had a few receipes that I could simply cut and paste to forward on as one of 'my' best banana choices.

My plan was to take my 3 year old niece Mia if I lucked out on these $45.00 tickets (each).

When I got the email advising I won, I thought I'd better use my friend 'google' and search out these 'Wiggles'. I found out they are 4 adult males from Australia- often referred to as the AC/DC rock band for children. Wow! I scored big. I'd love to see AC/DC....I guess this gets me one step closer!

The night before the event, my niece tells me that she is 'afraid' to go see the Wiggles.

Mia says this with her cute little face...."Zia Bella....Mia is afraid to go into the TV." AHHHHHHH..........

Being the big Auntie that I am, I look at Mia and tell her that......"Zia Bella is afraid to go into the TV too. The Wiggles are going to be on stage in person."

That didn't work. Her mom had to explain what a 'stage' was. Hmmm...I suck at explaining things to 3 year old's.

The day of the event comes and Mia is wearing her 'fancy' dress that she gets to wear only on special occassions. She's also wearing her new pink tights with cute pink shoes. Of course I had to take those shoes off and have her wear her converse runners just like Zia Bella. Mia is the proud owner of 3 pairs already!!

Her mom drops us off at the stadium and as we are walking along to find the seats, I hear someone crying. Oh no! I look down and there is Mia crying and telling me she is scared and wants her mama. Oh no! I slowly bend down (which buys me time on figuring out my next step)...and pick her up telling her that "Mia is a big girl and not to be scared. Let's just go and find our seats" (I'm thinking fast....get her out of these crowds).

She stops crying. I'm thinking 'wow- I'm good'. This taking care of kids is a piece of cake!

Of course- once we sit down she looks around and notices that most of the kids

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cool.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home