Lets focus on ME

Monday, September 21, 2009

Bella Trying to Meditate

I often think back to one evening in India....... when I was painting one of the rooms at this place I was volunteering at, and Oystein (one of the other volunteers) looked at me and said......'Bella, you've got to learn to meditate'.

Interesting............me???? Meditate???? I don't think that's possible.............but of course I'll give it a try!

I'm always taking courses- so I registered for 'Meditation- Level 1'.
8 classes. 1.5 hrs each session.

Tomorrow night will be my third session. So far I have not followed any of the instructions.

This week involved a 40 minute meditation that was taught last week. I was to practice every evening.

The instructor is a bit strange.

She actually has said that we are to also practice:

NOT Complaining
NOT Criticizing
NOT Analyzing

Is this even humanly possible?????????

I am a bad bad student.

Kriya Yoga is a meditation technique that quickly accelerates one's spiritual growth. It was first made widely known by Paramhansa Yogananda in his Autobiography of a Yogi. According to Yogananda, Kriya is the most effective technique available to mankind today for reaching the goal of Yoga: union with the Divine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Vinny Barbarino "What" said...

What you must do is Concentrate on Concentrating. When you have mastered that then Concentrate on Nothing. Once you can do that, you will have achieved true Enlightenment.

You see it takes Nothing to obtain true Enlightenment.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home