Lets focus on ME

Friday, March 23, 2007

Extreme Me

I´ve just left Torres del Paine Park in Chile. A paradise for hikers.

http://www.patagonia-chile.com/macrozonas/macropaine-in.php?

I hiked all the way to the base of Ventisquero Torres. 4 hrs one way. The last hour being very challenging over super big rocks. Crazy. I was so proud of myself. We all were. It had some tough spots.

The next day I hiked part of the W to Glaciar Grey. 11 Kms one way. Almost made it to the actual view point, but missed it due to me having to head back for the boat ride back to camp. Lynne & I were told it was 45 minutes from check point, and it was actually only 20 minutes. We would of made our time. 4 hrs each way. We were a bit disappointed with that. Should of continued, but Lynne was making me a little nervous about getting back and missing the boat. I would of been fine in staying at the Refugio, as many of the others were staying to do the Valle del Frances the next day, but thought best to go with the flow. As it was, we picked up speed walking back as the winds were helping us along.

The weather here is insane. Very very windy.

Layering the clothes can get crazy. On and off and on and off.

If I continue with this crazy hiking, I will have to continue in my own country.

Yah, right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home