Lets focus on ME

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Locked Cars and Alarms

I arranged an airport pick up last night when I arrived in Quito.

This went smoothly enough until the driver accidentially LOCKED me in the van while he went to pay the airport fee and get the other 2 people that he had left at the airport while they had to visit the washroom.

He asked me to sit in the front and wait while he ran his errands. I had no problem with this so I calmly sat in the front seat.

Not even 2 minutes after he left me there, I hear the car locks LOCK!

YIKES! I now cannot open the windows or the doors.

I CANNOT sit in a car like that. HELP!!!

I was having an anxiety attack while I was trying to figure out what to do.

I bolted over to the drivers side and noticed that door unlocked no problem.

The alarm quickly sounded and did not stop for a good 5 minutes.

I just stood in front of the van waiting to be arrested.

Thankfully everyone ignored the alarm and me.

The driver came back calmly after a good 15 minutes. Smiling.

I smiled back and told him what happened.

He then remembered that the car locks automatically after the doors lock.

Right.

Note to self: Never sit in a car without the keys.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So ISABEL of you to just stand outside the car and wait to be arrested......xo monica

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home