Lets focus on ME

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Miss India

I miss India so much that I had to go to the Indian Market here in Bangkok....Phahurat:

http://www.bangkok-hotels-bangkok.com/phahurat-indian-market.htm

I know....call me crazy.

I really had to get a salwar jurta stitched and I had to look for an Indian Taylor....as all the Thai Taylors around where I am staying only sew suits and other professional type garments.

For 400 baht ($12.00) I got it done and I met a really nice Indian family in doing this! The whole family was in the little store. Grandma complains all the time about the lack of vegetarian food. The dad comes from Delhi. The mother was born in Chiang Mai...Indian parents. The daughter ..who is in her late 20's...speaks fluent english, thai and hindi. A very interesting visit...the first to get fitted...and the second to pick up the finished product.

Getting this done in India would of only cost me 150 rupees ($1.50).

I blame Grace.

She was on a sari and material buying frenzy and got me into it as well.

Peer pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home